- Reinforced high-density non-woven PU upper with high frequency welded seams offers optimal support and extremely low weight while conforming to virtually every foot type
- Laser cut micro-perforations in the upper provide ventilation and promote a balanced foot climate
- Unique on-the-fly micro-adjustment Boa® Fit System featuring BOA Powerzone with direct pull ExoWrap to support to every foot and arch type
- Exclusive to Giant, Slip-Last construction allows the forefoot to be stiff while enabling torsional rotation of the rear and mid foot
- Cycling-specific performance last enhances efficiency and overall performance
- New 100% thermoset carbon ExoBeam plate produces the lightest, stiffest plate that exceeds industry standards in terms of heel-to-toe stiffness while allowing the lower leg and heel to move independently of the forefoot and pedal
- ExoBeam technology helps produce an efficient pedal stroke, reducing strain on the knee and ankle joints
- Injection molded TPU removable heel element and fixed toe protect the ExoBeam plate from wear
- Grippy SharkSkin heel lining for secure heel fit
- Removable sockliner with tunable arch support and TransTextura Plus™ antimicrobial layer promotes a balanced foot climate
POWER OF MOTION
The Surge Pro combines a new 100% thermoset carbon ExoBeam outsole combined with the BOA System closure featuring BOA Powerzone for direct pull ExoWrap support to provide a seamless connection to your bike. Promote your experience with the exact same direct power and efficiency as the pro riders on Team Sunweb.
DYNAMIC CYCLING FIT
Cycling gear that functions best while in motion. That’s the idea behind Dynamic Cycling Fit (DCF), an overarching design philosophy that lifts premium new products in Giant’s gear collection to a higher level of performance, fit and comfort.
ExoBeam is a unique sole technology that combines stiffness in the forefoot, where most of a rider’s power is applied, with strategically engineered flex zones that reduce tension and strain in the lower leg by allowing the foot to move in a more natural way. ExoBeam puts the stiffness where it needs to be and allows just enough flex in other areas of the shoe.
ExoWrap works in harmony with the ExoBeam to produce a unique 360-degree foot enclosure for customizable fit and support. While most shoe enclosures simply pull the foot down toward the sole, ExoWrap fully supports the foot by also pulling up.
Motion Efficiency System combines a stiff and efficient pedaling platform with just enough torsional flex to reduce pressure and strain in the lower leg. The result is a more natural foot movement during the pedal stroke to optimize comfort, power transfer and efficiency.