TRICKLE-DOWN PERFORMANCE. The Surge Elite road cycling shoe features all of the performance benefits of Surge Pro thanks to a new thermoset carbon/glass fiber composite ExoBeam outsole combined with a Boa® Fit System with indirect ExoWrap independent arch support to provide a seamless connection to your bike for maximum pedaling efficiency. The unique bonded seam non-woven PU upper material offers optimal support and low weight for hours of comfort in the saddle.
- Bonded seam non-woven PU upper material offers optimal support, low weight and conforms to virtually every foot type
- Die cut perforations provide ventilation and promote a balanced foot climate
- Unique on-the-fly micro-adjustment Boa® Fit System with indirect ExoWrap independent arch support for every foot and arch type
- Exclusive to Giant, Slip-Last construction allows the forefoot to be stiff while enabling torsional rotation of the rear and mid foot
- Cycling-specific performance last enhances efficiency and overall performance
- Exclusive ExoBeam technology with thermoset carbon/glass fiber composite is slightly heavier than the Pro plate but features the stiffness and performance benefits
- Redesigned ExoBeam technology produces better pedaling efficiency while reducing strain on the knee and ankle joints
- Injection molded TPU removable heel element and fixed toe protect the ExoBeam plate from wear
- Grippy SharkSkin heel lining for secure heel fit
- Removable sockliner features TransTextura Plus™ antimicrobial layer to help promote a balanced foot climate
DYNAMIC CYCLING FIT
Cycling gear that functions best while in motion. That’s the idea behind Dynamic Cycling Fit (DCF), an overarching design philosophy that lifts premium new products in Giant’s gear collection to a higher level of performance, fit and comfort.
ExoBeam is a unique sole technology that combines stiffness in the forefoot, where most of a rider’s power is applied, with strategically engineered flex zones that reduce tension and strain in the lower leg by allowing the foot to move in a more natural way. ExoBeam puts the stiffness where it needs to be and allows just enough flex in other areas of the shoe.
ExoWrap works in harmony with the ExoBeam to produce a unique 360-degree foot enclosure for customizable fit and support. While most shoe enclosures simply pull the foot down toward the sole, ExoWrap fully supports the foot by also pulling up.
Motion Efficiency System combines a stiff and efficient pedaling platform with just enough torsional flex to reduce pressure and strain in the lower leg. The result is a more natural foot movement during the pedal stroke to optimize comfort, power transfer and efficiency.