PUMP UP PERFORMANCE. A more comfortable fit, better performance on climbs, sprinting or pushing your limits on long road rides. That’s what you can expect from the new Surge Comp road cycling shoe. Giant’s Dynamic Cycling Fit combines our MES with a QuickFit upper to deLiver unbeatable comfort, power and performance.
- Non-woven PU upper material with stitched seams offers optimal support, reduced weight while conforming to virtually every foot type
- Die cut perforations provide effective ventilation helping to promote a balanced climate for the feet
- Unique on-the-fly micro-adjustment BOA system closure integrates with the ExoWrap to support to every foot and arch type
- Exclusive to Giant, Slip-Last construction allows the forefoot to be stiff while enabling torsional rotation of the rear and mid foot
- Cycling-specific performance last enhances efficiency and overall performance
- Exclusive ExoBeam technology with injection nylon long fiber carbon plate offers efficient heel-to-toe stiffness while allowing the lower leg and heel to move independently of the forefoot and pedal
- Redesigned ExoBeam technology produces better pedaling efficiency while reducing strain on the knee and ankle joints
- Injection molded TPU removable heel element and fixed toe protect the ExoBeam plate from wear
- Secure heel fit design
- Removable sockliner with TransTextura Plus™ antimicrobial layer to help promote a balanced foot climate
DYNAMIC CYCLING FIT
Cycling gear that functions best while in motion. That’s the idea behind Dynamic Cycling Fit (DCF), an overarching design philosophy that lifts premium new products in Giant’s gear collection to a higher level of performance, fit and comfort.
ExoBeam is a unique sole technology that combines stiffness in the forefoot, where most of a rider’s power is applied, with strategically engineered flex zones that reduce tension and strain in the lower leg by allowing the foot to move in a more natural way. ExoBeam puts the stiffness where it needs to be and allows just enough flex in other areas of the shoe.
ExoWrap works in harmony with the ExoBeam to produce a unique 360-degree foot enclosure for customizable fit and support. While most shoe enclosures simply pull the foot down toward the sole, ExoWrap fully supports the foot by also pulling up.
Motion Efficiency System combines a stiff and efficient pedaling platform with just enough torsional flex to reduce pressure and strain in the lower leg. The result is a more natural foot movement during the pedal stroke to optimize comfort, power transfer and efficiency.